Production Mill Department Lead
Machining Enthusiasts Required- Sign on and Relocation Provided
- Champaign, IL
- $50 - $60
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Matt Shakin
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
We are a Machining company owned and operated by Machinists. Helping customers build precision parts and materials, no matter how tough and precise the task.
Why join us?
We have a family like culture with half days every Friday, excellent benefits and PTO, and will provide sign on bonuses and relocation for the right person!
Position Overview: The Production Mill Department Lead will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the mill department, ensuring efficient production processes, high-quality output, and a focus on continuous improvement. This role requires a strong background in precision machining, along with excellent organizational and leadership skills.
1. Scheduling and Planning:
1. Scheduling and Planning:
- Develop and maintain production schedules to optimize workflow and meet customer delivery requirements.
- Collaborate with other department leads and managers to ensure seamless integration of mill department activities with overall production goals.
- Monitor and adjust schedules as needed to accommodate changes in production demands.
- Work closely with the engineering team to interpret technical drawings and specifications for job planning.
- Develop comprehensive job plans, including machining processes, tooling requirements, and quality control measures.
- Ensure that job plans are communicated effectively to the mill department team.
- Identify training needs within the mill department and develop training programs to enhance the skills of team members.
- Provide hands-on training to new and existing employees on machining techniques, equipment operation, and safety protocols.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the mill department.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team to implement and enforce quality control measures in the mill department.
- Conduct regular inspections of machined components to ensure adherence to specifications and quality standards.
- Implement corrective actions as needed to address quality issues.
- Lead and motivate a team of mill operators, machinists, and support staff to achieve production targets and quality objectives.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, promoting teamwork and effective communication.
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field (preferred).
- Extensive experience in precision machining, with a focus on milling operations.
- Proven leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of machining processes, tooling, and CNC programming.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement.