A bit about us:
Our client is a medium-sized architectural design office located in Sonoma and Berkeley, CA. Their projects combine operational excellence with design excellence, in a diversity of dynamic and important building types. Our client's focus is on user-centered solutions that are sustainable, and reflect creative contemporary design values.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
Our client is seeking a licensed architect with strong design, technical and management skills. We place high priority on strong interpersonal abilities, a thorough knowledge of architectural design and construction practices, and well-developed Revit skills. Position requirements include:
- Guide projects from initial concepts through final construction
- Utilizing Revit software, design, coordinate and assemble design and construction documents
- Work collaboratively with Principals and project teams
- Coordinate multiple aspects of client, engineer, sub-consultant and general contractor relationships
- Review, coordinate and incorporate the work of consultant engineers
- Manage project scope, schedule and budget requirements
- Resolve technical building assembly, enclosure, waterproofing and design issues
- Develop and maintain the project manual and specifications
- Conduct and document on-site observations
- Process construction submittals, RFIs, substitution requests and shop drawings
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field
- 5-10 years of demonstrable experience as an architect or designer
- CA Architectural license ideal, LEED accreditation a plus.
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- 3D rendering and visualization skills a plus
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Through understanding how buildings are constructed with the ability to create technical details and documents that succinctly describe the project
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills