Position Located in Charleston SC , Columbus OH or Pittsburgh PA
- Cary, NC
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Morgan Geary
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Client works to rehabilitate degraded ecosystems and preserve environmentally sensitive habitats through sound, strong economic and ecological partnerships.
Why join us?
Large Company with many opportunities!
Senior Project Engineer (SPE) is accountable for the successful execution of ecosystem restoration design plans
- Serve as design lead primarily responsible for overseeing geomorphic assessment, design plan development, permit application and approval, construction management/oversight, and as-built drawing review.
- Perform engineering calculations, hydrologic & hydraulic analyses/modeling, and restoration designs that meet regulatory (i.e. federal, local, state) and industry standards.
- Support land representatives by identifying and evaluating prospective mitigation sites, both technical design approach and financial credit yield.
- Assist with conceptual design plans, cost and quantity estimates, and site evaluations to help project managers develop project budgets, design and construction schedules, and financial models.
- Develop and oversee implementation and compliance of design plans, technical specifications and other engineering QA/QC protocols.
- Seal engineering work performed under direct supervision and responsible charge in state of licensure
- Supervise and mentor junior design staff with engineering related tasks, technical training, career planning and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams
- Participate in business development and marketing activities such as industry conferences, technological advancements and approaches related to ecological restoration, stormwater management and water resources engineering.
- Develop protocols with CAD analysts and design staff to improve design plan quality, accuracy, efficiency, and internal communication.
- Participate in workflow management, staff recruitment, hiring interviews and recommendations.