Project P6 Scheduler in Los Angeles
Currently seeking a Project Scheduler for a Construction Management firm in the Los Angeles area supporting educational facility construction and public works projects.
- Los Angeles, CA
- $160,000 - $165,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Alyssa Goodrich
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Currently seeking a Project Scheduler for a Construction Management firm that has supported long term projects in the LA Market for over 20 years.
Why join us?
- Annual salary $160-165k
- 4 Weeks of combine PTO/Sick time
- Holidays: Seven paid holidays
- Health Insurance with choice of various plans
- 401K: 100% match from 3%-5%
- Life Insurance
- Develops and maintains program schedules identifying relationships, logic, milestones, and constraints for construction projects of various types
- Independently interprets and reads detailed construction drawings (Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Civil, etc.) and develops a clear understanding of work scope
- Reviews Contractor’s Baseline schedule submissions and verifies that all work scope is identified properly and logically sequenced correctly; provides written detailed schedule review comments
- Performs QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with the contract; reviews critical path, cost loading, resource loading of man-hours, schedule content, recovery schedules, use of logic relationships and lags, constraints and milestones
- Performs schedule Time Impact Analysis for any change orders that affect the construction schedule; conducts schedule negotiations with the OAR and the contractor for any delay time settlements
- Reads drawings to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understands terms and conditions of the contract to determine if any compensable or non-compensable time extensions have merit
- Performs Critical Path analysis and Earned Value analysis
- Walks the construction sites as needed and checks the contractor’s weekly/monthly schedule progress; provides reports to the project OAR and upper management.
- Effectively communicates with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings
- Performs Program Schedule QA/QC reviews on a regular basis
- Performs status updates for Program Schedules/Master Schedules on a bi-monthly basis
- Ensures proper use of Program-level standard codes, layouts and reports necessary to ensure data integrity
- Serves as a liaison between project teams, department leadership and the Program & Project Controls department
- Prepares reports as needed and directed by Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Ability to build efficient working relationships with project teams and department staff
- Understanding of theories, principles and practices of cost engineering, scheduling and schedule forensics
- Minimum 5 years experience in Construction Scheduling for an Owner or General Contractor, preferably in an educational facility or public works projects
- Proficiency in Primavera Latest Version and MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in any course plus an additional two (2) years of experience in Construction Scheduling