A bit about us:
We are a mission driven healthcare organization that is passionate about improving the quality of life for those we serve. We are looking for Registered Respiratory Therapists to join our busy team.
Why join us?
We offer a competitive wage, full benefit package, professional growth, meaningful work, and opportunities to serve.
- Treating a wide range of patients (customers) from infants to the elderly
- Teach patients how to use medications, oxygen, PAP devices, cough assist, ventilation, chest physiotherapy, and related equipment.
- Perform regular checks on patients and equipment
- Evaluate patients by performing limited physical examinations to include vitals, breath sounds, 02 saturations and conducting diagnostic tests including those that measure lung capacity tests.
- Consult with physicians and other healthcare staff to help develop and modify individual patient care plans
- Communicate and teach patients and caregivers ventilation management that encourages compliance, understanding of therapy, and ability to operate ventilators in the home in an approved manner with confidence and independence.
- Provide complex therapy requiring a great deal of independent judgment, such as caring for patients who are on life support in hospital intensive care units.
- Continually developing strong and productive working relationships with the patient (customer)
- Identifying opportunities for system improvements – bringing these opportunities to your supervisor for review and implementation when warranted
- Sharing information such as best practices with others and identifying and implementing best practices of others into your daily, weekly, and monthly workflow
- Continually developing strong and productive working relationships with all partners such as hospitals, medical facilities, case managers, family members, and caregivers.
- Collaborating with the Operations Manager and Team Leadership, as well as the Respiratory Manager to ensure we are abiding by all standards for accreditation and state and federal governing rules and regulations.
- Detail-oriented - not only is this a fundamental of ours but it is essential to provide the best care and treatment possible
- Demonstrating and engaging in the continual improvement of the organization’s shared values and behaviors, The Barnes Way, and helping others to do the same
- Always be in the learning mode – putting forth daily effort and focus to be better than you were yesterday by identifying and pursuing learning that is necessary for you to advance in your role
- Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current Respiratory Therapist license in good standing in the State of employment
- Clean driving record
- Two years of HME/DME preferred