The Associate Director of Development is primarily focused on identifying, engaging, and soliciting prospective donors for major and leadership gifts that support the vision of the Dean of the College of Social Sciences. The Associate Director will close gifts and steward donors so that the positive and mutually beneficial relationships continue. This College with programs including global and Native Hawaiian initiatives, civic and community engagement, and student pathways. Premier faculty conduct impactful social sciences research. The alumni base is over 35,000 people in Hawai‘i and globally.
- Build and actively manage a portfolio of 75-80 major gift prospects, including those identified by the Associate
Director and those assigned by the Executive Director of Development and the Dean of College of Social
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors for major gifts of $25,000 and above.
- The Associate Director is expected to make appointments for personal visits with major gift prospects that
ultimately lead to gift solicitations.
- Participate actively and consistently in the Prospect Management Process: file timely (monthly) prospect clearance requests for cultivation and solicitation; provide monthly schedules of prospect appointment; file timely (monthly) contact reports on prospects; communicate with all team members on each assigned prospect; develop written strategies and adhere to scheduled strategy for the cultivation and closing of major gifts
- Steward current and past donors to assure ongoing involvement and increased giving
- Must be able and willing to travel interisland and nationally upon request.