A bit about us:
Based in San Diego, CA we are a Biotech Start-Up developing personalized cell therapy, inducing stem cells to treat various neurological conditions. We use personalized regenerative medicine enabling technologies for patient specific induced pluripotent stem cell-based therapies. We are looking for a Remote Computational Scientist with bioinformatics and genomic experience to join our growing team.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary!
- Great Benefits Package!
- The Opportunity to Join an Amazing Team!
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Genetic Counseling/Human Genetics/Genomics. PhD preferred. ASCP accreditation a plus
- Experience working with genomic case analysis and variant classification for germline disease using ACMG/AMP guidelines; somatic cancer testing experience a plus
- Experience using cloud-based computing a plus. Some experience in Python, R, and Unix would be advantageous
- Ability to use standard bioinformatics tools (Samtools, BCFtools, BWA, GATK, Picard, BEDtools, PLINK)
- Thorough understanding of human genetics and next-generation DNA sequencing
- Fundamental to this position are computer programming skills and a successful track record in using bioinformatics skills to address biological problems
- Operating and maintaining the onsite high performance NGS analysis tools (2) generating reports on WGS results from somatic and germline comparisons
- Generate reports based on RNAseq data and
- Work closely with QC/QA to create and maintain official genomics SOP documentation