A bit about us:
Our client is a very well-established and respected construction firm that specializes in the re-piping of all types of properties including apartments, condominiums and commercial properties. For over 30 years now this exceptional firm has repiped over 100K occupied units all while their tenants and residents stayed put. They have also groomed a solid reputation of excellence among their clients and also their employees which is why they have such a great retention ratio and average employee tenure.
Why join us?
- Flexible hours
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Valuable on-the-job training
- Long-term opportunity for career growth and professional development
Currently they are looking to add another talented Estimator to their existing team and this person could work remotely if needed with occasional travel required.
- Analyze and inspect complex projects, plans and specifications to determine scope of work for plumbing, hydronic, fire-protection system replacements, and renovations in multi-family buildings including:
- Develop scope of work and produce estimates (including performance of material take offs).
- Write detailed proposals which contain potential conflicts in plans and specifications from site conditions.
- Determine unknowns and exclusions, determine value-engineering opportunities, maintaining company integrity and accountability.
- Perform and/or assist in the generation of engineering deliverables (e.g., design drawings) for design-build proposals.
- Establish and maintain and/or implement standardized estimating software to streamline current estimating process and proposal writing.
- Work with purchasing department for accurate material pricing on a bid-by-bid basis.
- Work with sales team to balance estimates and ensure high quality Client-focused proposals.
- Review and compare all subcontractor bids for accuracy and best price submissions.
- Maintain, foster, and develop subcontractor, design team, and owner relationships.
- Tangential Duties/Support:
- Develop and/or maintain standard operating procedures for each system we replace.
- Assist in compiling change order pricing.
- Produce, write, and oversee submittals and RFIs.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, Construction Management, or related field.
- Extensive (at least 5+ years) of experience as a full-time estimator.
- Extensive knowledge of industry best practices and Code/Standard requirements.
- Technical writing proficiency to generate detailed proposals.
- High efficiency with Microsoft Office Excel; competency in construction estimating and design software.
- Ability to travel to jobsites for site walks with Sales Team to determine accurate scope for proposed work, or to review existing conditions, as required.