A bit about us:
We are a mission driven home healthcare organization that is passionate about improving the quality of life for those we serve.
Why join us?
We offer a competitive wage, full benefit package, professional growth, meaningful work, and opportunities to serve.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the work of and mentor pharmacy technicians, student interns, and residents as well as being actively involved in hiring decisions and setting and enforcing workplace policies.
- The ability to verify patient orders for completeness and accuracy before being dispensed. Performs prospective drug utilization review, therapy monitoring, and clinical-based intervention as necessary on drug dosing, drug administration, drug interactions, side effects allergies, interactions, contraindications, and monitoring issues.
- Exhibits a thorough understanding and knowledge of standard retail medication and OTC products coupled with the ability to interpret common laboratory values and perform advanced pharmaceutical calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage patients on how and when to take doses, follow up with patients to see if medications are working, sharing tips on how to minimize side effects while maximizing benefits. Listen to all of a patient's concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate patients as a health coach. Educate and assist patients to be actively involved in their lifestyle choices and disease state progression via education and coaching both in-person and telephonically.
- Proven ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion with minimal instructions. Utilizing strong evidence-based clinical skills and good judgment with regard to patient care and treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an effective, respectful working environment within the pharmacy and external partners This role requires the requisite skills and the abilities to work at all levels within the pharmacy, from referral sources and patients to the pharmacy team and nursing staff.
- Proven ability to work successfully within an efficient organization. Must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work as an active team member through change.
- Demonstrated ability to work as both a leader and follower on cross-functional teams utilizing delegation skills and following up on the completion of tasks. Utilizes a performance review process as a mechanism to achieve goals
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of the company's organizational principles associated with the coordination of patient care, and operational relationships particularly management, education, and administrative relationships as well as the ability to apply them soundly.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work enthusiastically in a constantly changing environment while generating enthusiasm and competence in others by utilizing proper time management and proven motivational techniques while affirming the contribution of each team member to the delivery of patient care and services. Leads by example while possessing empathy for others in a balanced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to listen and understand, provide solutions, and reconsiders positions. Handles the giving and receiving of instruction and criticism with professional ethics, tact, and courtesy as well as the flexibility to seek and incorporate the input of others into a solid plan of action.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to prevent and diffuse unpleasant situations within the organization and external partners.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) is strongly preferred, may consider an experienced Retail Registered Pharmacist (RPh).
- 1-2 years of retail or clinic-based pharmacist experience required. Knowledge of RX30 software is a plus.
- Immunization and Medication Therapy Management (MTM) certified or able to obtain within 60 days.
- Active Pharmacist License in the State in which you are employed or ability to obtain license within 30 days; graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- May be required to obtain a pharmacist license in multiple states.
- Not on the DEA excluded parties list.