Safety Manager for a fast growing and exciting company
- Prescott, AR
- $75,000 - $100,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Keith Fletcher
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Our client is an environmentally conscious trucking company dedicated to reducing or removing impact on our environment. They have dedicated themselves to being an employee-first and environmentally friendly organization.
Why join us?
Our client offers a competitive compensation package including the:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and vision options
- Disability options
- PTO and Holidays
The Safety Manager will lead the PSM and Safety programs at the site. The individual will develop and implement programs, lead investigations and root cause analyses, assess PSM and reliability systems, and ensure that all OSHA requirements are exceeded.
- Upholds safety, health, and environmental procedures communicate directly, and supports the EHS department to ensure OSHA compliance at all times.
- Provide leadership, counsel, and technical assistance to the operations managers, maintenance manager, plant engineering, and hourly plant personnel to attain production, quality, cost, safety, and environmental goals.
- Lead incident investigations or root cause analyses.
- Ability to write effective procedures and supplement plant personnel with operating and maintenance procedures that include proper safety and environmental language and instructions.
- Develop and implement key performance indicators (most notably, leading indicators) to track the progress of safety systems weekly and month-by-month.
- Evaluate new processes and modify existing processes and facilities to meet new requirements.
- Provide oversight and conduct audits for site management of change (MOC) and pre-start-up safety review process (PSSR).
- Participate in teams responsible for implementing new products and processes.
- PSM knowledge required.
- A minimum of 3 years in a safety role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Safety certification is a plus.
- Formal training in Root Cause Analysis and How to Conduct Audits is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, personal rapport, and motivation are required to effectively coach internal staff and work with outside groups and agencies engaged in environmental, health, and safety.
- Knowledge of State/Federal EPA and OSHA compliance requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and experience applying problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment, including interactions with technical staff, administrative staff, and contract personnel.
- Ability to challenge the organization to maintain trust and respect.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to present complex topics concisely.
- Ability to accept and respond to changes and challenges positively.