About The Job:
The ideal candidate is a motivated, well-organized individual who has a deep understanding of prospecting and developing strong relationships with customers.
· Develop Business within existing accounts and new leads to enhance sales year after year
· Prepare yearly budget and achieve monthly sales target
· Secure strong business relationships with current and prospective clients
· Prepare and present general presentations to prospective and existing customers. If such questions require detailed technical knowledge, coordinate with Technical Scientific Affairs Manager
· Answer customer technical questions, coordinating with Technical Scientific Affairs Manager
· Strategize on how to quickly grow your sales within your territory
· Complete monthly budget as well as actual using Excel and report monthly
· Prepare and submit call reports after each business meeting in writing
· Collaborate with Senior Sales Manager to enhance outcomes
· Attend all required trade shows and adhere to our trade show booth rules
· Utilize resources at optimum, maximize ROI
· Provide input and recommendations on process improvements and efficiencies in terms of sales and marketing activities
· Collaborate with marketing and operations to support programs across the business
· Ensure compliances with applicable federal and state regulations, as well as company policies
· Participate in special projects as assigned
· Work to understand process with orders and samples with the New Jersey office and Moses Lake plant in Washington
· Work closely with Moses Lake quality team to meet both external and internal stakeholders need
· Work closely with company’s global colleagues and collaborate with each other to achieve global targets
· Follow company’s core values including sustainability, mutual respect, ethical conduct and creating unique value with an entrepreneurial spirit
Food Safety and Security Responsibilities
- Responsible for upholding the principles of the Company’s food safety certification program.
- Responsible for immediately reporting any food safety, food quality or plant security issues to management for appropriate action.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Bioscience, Plant Biology, or related field preferable
- 3 plus years of experience in a Life Science or related industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the nutraceutical industry.
- Knowledge of regulatory environment including but not limited to FDA, NSF and USP are plus
- Strong scientific and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer-centric oral and written communication skills including listening, conducting consultations with internal and external stakeholders and partners, facilitating discussions, and preparing reports, briefing materials, presentations, and training materials
- Effective relationship management skills to establish and maintain working relationships both internally and externally and represent the company’s position and products
- Ability to organize and prioritize in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team, adept at developing relationships across all levels of the organization
- Ability to learn new techniques and keep accurate records
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) suite to prepare reports, training materials, presentations, and related material. NetSuite (CRM) knowledge is plus
- Travel up to 25% of time mostly to regional customer locations, meetings, conferences, and trade show, but including international travel locations
- Able to be on-site in Burlington, NJ office when not traveling