A bit about us:
We are a leader in the Renewable Energy (Solar) industry. We are seeking a Network Administrator to join our growing team.
This is a 100% travel opportunity. - Location: Travel to project sites - Active projects in: NC, SC, VA, GA, MS, KY, TX, & NB
This position performs work that supports commissioning SCADA systems for medium to large utility scale PV and battery storage generation sites. This position reviews engineering drawings, codes, standards and specifications to implement and execute all related commissioning and startup practices, tools, techniques, and programs to achieve contractual compliance. This role will support multiple projects across BRP's portfolio, which may include travel to different states with mainland United States. This position reports to the Instrumentation and Controls Manager.
What You'll Do:
Support commissioning of SCADA system by confirming the design provided in drawings against installation in the field, creating submittals, request for information (RFI) and written reports from SCADA testing.
Lead and coordinate SCADA \ field equipment troubleshooting and support verification of field data to the SCADA system.
Work with the SCADA vendor to troubleshoot, identify, and resolve communication integration issues.
Verify alarms in SCADA HMI system by safely activating the field I/O.
Troubleshoot communication interfaces at site based on media such as CAT 5e and fiber optic cables.
Support ethernet network commissioning by updating the configuration of Ethernet switches and firewalls on site.
Support commissioning of Power Plant Controller (PPC), HMI Servers, communication gateways, PLC and protection relays.
Work with Inverter, Met station and tracking OEMs to troubleshoot communication integration issues.
Provide support to the Commissioning team in troubleshooting failed equipment (ISUs, Inverters, etc.) during the commissioning process.
Collaborate with others to create innovative solutions, test operating constraints, and develop tools to help SCADA team during commissioning.
Review pre-functional checklists and functional testing procedures and support testing to successfully commission utility-scale solar and BESS projects.
Raise work order tickets with equipment Original Equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Vendors for failed equipment.
Work with the commissioning team to create and manage equipment RMA processes.
Adhere to and support Health, Safety & Environmental, and Sustainability Policies.
Review engineering drawings and specifications to support SCADA commissioning procedures with SCADA vendors.
Develop project specific written commissioning procedures.
Stay current on applicable technical processes, methods, standards, and best practices.
Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Performs other duties as requested by Commissioning leadership.
Why join us?
Salary + Bonus
Hybrid work schedule - Work from home and the office
Medical, dental, vision – eligible 1st of the month of after start date (BCBS- medical) standard PPO plan is free for employee
401k with company match
Employee Equity Participation Plan
Generous PTO plan
We are seeking a dynamic and dedicated SCADA Field Technician to join our team. As a key member of our organization, you will play an integral role in maintaining and optimizing our SCADA systems. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of professionals dedicated to ensuring the smooth operation of our industrial processes. You will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of our SCADA systems, PV Solar, and PV Systems. You will also work closely with our DAS and SCADA PLC systems. This position requires a high level of technical expertise and a strong commitment to safety and quality.
1. Install, maintain, and troubleshoot SCADA systems, ensuring optimal performance and efficiency.
2. Monitor and analyze system performance and data integrity.
3. Configure and program SCADA PLC systems to meet operational requirements.
4. Perform regular tests and inspections on PV Solar and PV Systems, identifying and resolving any issues.
5. Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and implement system improvements and upgrades.
6. Provide technical support and guidance to other team members and stakeholders.
7. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends, technologies, and regulatory standards.
8. Ensure all work is performed in compliance with company safety policies and procedures.
1. A minimum of 2+ years of experience working with SCADA systems, SCADA, PV Solar, PV systems, DAS, and SCADA PLC.
2. Proven experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting SCADA systems.
3. Strong knowledge of PV Solar and PV Systems.
4. Experience with DAS and SCADA PLC systems.
5. Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
6. Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
7. A commitment to safety and quality, with a proven track record of adhering to safety policies and procedures.
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9. Willingness to stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements.
10. Relevant certifications and qualifications would be an added advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled SCADA Field Technician to further their career with a leading company. If you have the required experience and are eager to take on new challenges, we would love to hear from you.