We are a leader in the Renewable Energy (Solar) industry. We are seeking a SCADA Network Engineer to join our growing team.
This is a remote opportunity with less than 15% travel.
The Lead SCADA Network Engineer is responsible for providing technical design support to the SCADA engineering group. The Engineer will act as the Owners Engineer for designs produced by contractors of our company. The Engineer will be responsible for developing and reviewing network configurations for ethernet switches, routers, and firewalls, as well as communications architecture diagrams. Additionally, they will provide site support for troubleshooting communication-related issues and undertake in-house design work for selected projects.
- Design or review network and communications path for substation protective relays and SCADA equipment inside the PV Solar and Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) plant, the substation, as well as paths to the third-party fleet management interface and off-takers data centers.
- Develop or review Functional Design Specifications based on customer requirements.
- Design or review design to build up networking systems to security standards such as NERC CIP.
- Specify and design data security and availability for PV and BESS operations.
- Identify any security risks.
- Author or review required documentation for compliance with standards such as NERC CIP.
- Author or review Functional Test requirements, Factory Acceptance Test requirements, Site Acceptance Test requirements, and Commissioning Plan.
- Prepare and maintain specifications, checklists, test reports, and deliverables associated with assigned projects.
- Act as Owners Engineer for design work performed by outside consultants. Responsibilities including: evaluation of design per scope of work, company standards, and error rate.
- Participate in efforts to develop and implement standards for hardware, software, and cybersecurity requirements for network architecture.
- Provide input to budget development related to network design and material procurement for estimators.
- Aid in cost variance analysis post project completion to improve estimates.
- Act as Engineer for design for in house projects for the SCADA group.