A bit about us:
Our client is a well-established and respected bank headquartered in Northern California and for over 30 years now, they have been providing a wide range of banking services including checking, cash management, lending as well as wealth management and trusts for personal, commercial, and small businesses. They pride themselves on their unrivaled commitment to quality, responsiveness, and integrity which is why they have been able to maintain their long-term customer relationships not to mention well above average tenure amongst their employees.
Why join us?
Our client offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, 401K, profit sharing and employee stock ownership plans, tuition reimbursement, and an employee volunteer program.
Currently they are looking to bring on board a SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing the preparation of SEC reports, regulatory and internal reports in compliance with GAAP, SEC regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures. With minimal supervision, develops and maintains reliable accounting information fulfilling financial reporting requirements for both internal and regulatory purposes, and for management planning and decision making.
- Prepares or reviews quarterly financial reports to investors, SEC and Banking Regulators, including but not limited to 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, Y-9s, Earnings Release, and monthly internal reports to the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Monitors generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) development activities; researches and recommends proper accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP; assists with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements; and writes accounting position memos and policies.
- Assists with month-end closing and consolidation process (e.g., prepare/review GL data and research variances).
- Reconciles or reviews reconciliation of various general ledger accounts with sub-ledgers or third party reports; researches and reconciles discrepancies, analyzes financial accounts, and prepares/reviews journal entries.
- Supports the preparation/review of monthly/quarterly income tax provision/deferred tax and work papers.
- Supports the accounting for advanced accounting areas such as stock-based compensation, leases, loan accounting, derivatives, and acquisitions/combinations.
- Acts as a liaison with external auditors.
- Supports activities related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) internal controls.
- Strong current knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations.
- Accounting or other finance-related degree (BA/BS).
- Public accounting experience (CPA required).
- Five to seven years of accounting and/or related financial experience.
- Banking experience preferred, including working with related accounting systems.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiar with SEC XBRL tagging (desirable).