A bit about us:
Nationally recognized retail/manufacturing company!
Why join us?
- 3/4 days in office per month for month end close
The Senior Accountant is a key part of the finance group and an important partner supporting business operations. This role will provide exposure to many different areas of the business and allow for direct relationships with leaders of the company. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for monthly close activities as well as a variety of analyses to support business activities.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure that the financial results are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Drive an efficient fiscal close including identification and implementation of process improvements
- External audit support
- Preparation of properly supported journal entries and account reconciliations
- Ownership of department P&L results with strong coordination with department leads
- Assist with controls compliance by ensuring that accounting procedures are consistent with a strong control environment
- Data and results analysis
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- CPA, MBA or CMA is a nice to have
- Experience with SAP or Oracle a plus
- Manufacturing/ retail industry experience is a plus