A bit about us:
Our client is a full-service wealth management firm, offering investment management, financial and tax planning, managed individual bond portfolios, and 401(k) advisory services.
Why join us?
Hybrid work environment
Full-Time with Benefits
Full-Time with Benefits
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, budgeting and year-end audit preparation.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the year-end close process with external auditors.
- Prepare the monthly financial statement reporting package, including key metrics and budget to actual analysis.
- Review and assess vendor invoices for compliance under ASC 842.
- Ensure successful completion of the company’s federal and various state tax filings.
- Coordinate the payment of quarterly shareholder distributions.
- Budget and forecast revenues and expenditures across multiple departments.
- Analyze complex accounting matters and present the results of findings.
- Assess compliance with financial regulations and controls by examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non‐compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 7+ years of related accounting experience.
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or certification such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) preferred
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, auditing techniques and documentation standards.
- Excellent communication skills, computer skills and writing skills are a must.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with all levels of an organization.