Leading company in Bozeman is looking to add a strong Senior Accountant!!
- Gallatin Gateway, MT
- $75,000 - $95,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Ben Thomas
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Leading Montana-based suppliers of fine masonry and landscape stone to projects throughout the US and Canada.
Why join us?
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of GAAP and understanding of internal controls
- Assists in month-end close process
- Prepares journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepares quarter-end and year-end audit schedules
- Prepares detailed account and unit-level analysis, identifying trends or unusual activity; displays the ability to research and resolve outliers
- Prepares period-over-period, quarter-over-quarter and year-over-year trend analysis and variance explanations
- Prepares ad-hoc reporting and participates in projects as assigned by management
- Looks to add value through analyses with business recommendations and through a continuous process improvement mindset; seeks to
- Partners well with internal customers, co-workers, and management and displays an overall dedication to the team
- Continuously develops technical skills in order to leverage systems for process improvements
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and have the ability to work independently with little supervision while managing multiple priorities and
- Has a positive attitude, is adaptable, and displays a willingness to assist others as needed
- 3-5 years of previous experience in accounting/bookkeeping required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- MS Office Suite experience required, especially use of Excel
- Experience with Restaurant 365 or other restaurant specific back office systems a plus
- Experience with intercompany and/or multi state accounting strongly preferred.
- Effective communicator with both internal and external partners
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others in a changing and challenging, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, multi-tasker and problem solver
- Excellent time management skills with a sense of urgency