Senior Accountant - Midland, PA
- Midland, PA
- $60,000 - $65,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Melanie Courtney
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Our client is one of the largest, most experienced, and most successful online public schools in the nation.
Why join us?
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Great Hours
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance Preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in related field
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one settings and small group situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to write/create routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of accounting software, Excel, and Word software
- Child Abuse Clearance; Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check; and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance
- Prepare and enter journal entries into the general ledger.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and cash flow statements.
- Perform month-end close functions including preparation of financial statements.
- Review financial statements and report variances.
- Assist with budget preparation and monthly financial review.
- Assist in preparation for annual financial audit.
- Process and submit PDE-2057.
- Assist with accounting software administration.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow policies and procedures; complete tasks correctly and on time; support organization’s goal and values.
- Display willingness to make decisions; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision making process; make timely decisions.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent changes delays, or unexpected events.
- Consistently at work and on time, ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions.
- Perform any additional duties deemed necessary by the Director of Business Services
Easy Apply Now
Managed by Jobot Pro
$60,000 - $65,000