A bit about us:
Our clients diverse professionals offer a broad perspective on the issues you face, along with attention to detail and strong ethical standards. Our client is home to some of the nation’s leading experts in transportation, construction, property, premises liability, product liability, professional liability, and failures arising from mechanical, electrical, or plumbing and vehicle accidents.
Why join us?
Very competitive pay
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Associate for their Biomechanics practice. This will be a remote role in California mostly. However, the candidate will be expected to come into a nearby office as needed. Northern and Southern California are the ideal locations for this candidate with offices in Hayward, Concord, Roseville and Newport Beach, CA. In this role you will work to further develop the biomechanics practice overall and the transportation and premises liability practices as well as part of a team supporting both our rapidly advancing initiatives informing real-world data driven product-consumer insights and executing biomechanics litigation consulting projects related to human injury analyses. This role will involve developing and conducting experimental studies and/or computational analyses to evaluate human/product interactions with tasks that include deriving, analyzing, and interpreting a complex data from a variety of sources. You will be required to analyze and interpret data and create technical presentations or reports which will be used to inform product decisions. This role will also involve analysis of human body responses to forces to determine potential for injury, to evaluate if and/or how an injury occurred, and assessments of how such injuries could have potentially been mitigated.
· Processing, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on complex largescale human studies and/or computational evaluation outcomes
· Writing proposals to initiate and/or support new opportunities in the human performance technology sector (e.g. clinical, military, consumer products, sports)
· Extensively reviewing both technical and non-technical materials to identify key facts and information (this may include reviewing police reports, medical/autopsy records, legal pleadings, expert reports, deposition testimony, photographs, vehicle specifications, and other documentation)
· Analyzing and synthesizing technical biomechanical data involving kinematics, dynamics, mechanics of injury, and human tolerance
· Researching and reviewing relevant scientific journals, publications, and testing and then analyzing and synthesizing technical biomechanical issues involving kinematics, dynamics, mechanisms of injury, and human tolerance
· Clearly communicating findings via written reports and presentations
· Demonstrating the ability to synthesize technical information into an easily understood format suitable for presenting to technical and non-technical audiences
· Managing projects with effective cost control measures
You will be working in a small team environment within the larger company-wide Biomechanics Practice, and as such, you will be expected to actively create and pursue opportunities to develop a positive work flow. While balancing the demands of project work, you will be expected to participate in business development tasks, such as attending meetings, industry events, conferences and providing continuing education presentations to clients. Presenting at meetings will also be required.
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
· Minimum of a bachelors degree. in Biomechanics, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
· Demonstrated experience in study design and associated statistical analyses
· Experience with aggregation, evaluation, and communication of findings with large data sets
· Experience or familiarity with conducting technical analyses pertaining to injury potential, injury mechanisms, and/or injury mitigation in accident scenarios
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Prior experience with handling litigated files as an expert required (deposition and trial experience)
· Experience handling both Plaintiff and Defense work
· Experience handling first party claims
· Experience working with risk managers
· Interested in publishing materials
· Effective leadership skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of professionals, including engineers, scientists, managers, external clients, and administrative staff
· Previous experience leading teams and overseeing a collaborative work environment is a plus