The Senior Auditor reporting to the Senior Director of Internal Audit will play a key role within the Internal Audit team. This role will assist in day to day internal audit activities in the performance and management of financial and operational audits, Sarbanes-Oxley testing activities, and special ad-hoc projects and investigations.
The Audit Senior will be responsible for executing the successful planning, execution, and completion of financial and operational audits in support of compliance activities (Sarbanes-Oxley, SOC 2, HITRUST). As Sr Auditors in the Internal Audit team, you will help build a quality, risk based audit program that provides data driven and solutions oriented recommendations for key business and IT stakeholders. This position will require excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and ability to collaborate with all levels of management and employees, including external auditors.
- Coordinate the activities of both internal and external resources for the Internal Audit and Internal Controls (SOX) activities.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders, co-sourcing partners, and external auditors.
- Work with process owners to identify process-level risks and to design and implement mitigating internal controls.
- Collaborate with our clinical, operational, and technology teams to successfully manage the integration of new and existing technologies.
- Perform risk assessments and controls identification, process understanding and documentation, and execute audit testing.
- Evaluate and identify systems, business, and process improvement opportunities.
- Design analytics and/or automation of transactional data to support processes and/or audits.
- Identify and define issues and develop associated risk remediation and mitigation plans.
- Facilitate discussions, hands on workshops, training sessions, etc. to educate and align the company’s understanding of tools, technology, and audit methodology.
- Manage and communicate program and project status to Accolade business executive stakeholders.
- Ensure the on-time delivery and quality of deliverables to responsible stakeholders in our clinical, operational, and technology teams.
- Minimum 3 years external or internal audit experience
- Knowledge of both U.S. GAAP as well as Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for publicly traded companies in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Management Information Systems
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor a plus, but not required
- Understanding of accounting and financial processing tools, such as ERP systems and financial reporting tools
- An ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and design related audit testing programs
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and documentation skills
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Experience with AuditBoard a plus