Senior Electrical Engineer
Electrical Engineer needed for Consumer Product Design team $$
- Mankato, MN
- $80,000 - $125,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Greg Smith
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Cutting-edge Consumer Product Design Team looking to grow in our MN location. We are a leader in innovative outdoor recreational equipment, looking to add to our best-in-class team with multiple new projects coming to expand our product offering.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Comprehensive Benefits Package!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
- Take a lead role in the development of new products, from initial concepts, design prototyping, and product testing to production implementation
- Work directly with Product Management and Engineering Teams to define product specifications
- Assist both internal and contract manufacturing resources to determine production test and incoming quality inspection requirements for producing reliable and cost-effective products
- Consulting with team members to troubleshoot and determine the best cost solutions to complex design issues that may develop during the design process
- Define and document prototype performance and field test requirements to ensure final products meet customer specifications and performance requirements.
- Actively involved in supporting timelines to ensure product launch dates are successfully met
- Work with Procurement Team on supplier evaluations and recommendations
- Assist business operations in managing outside suppliers in the development of new products and cost-effective manufacturing processes
- Preferred background/experience to support hardware design for Motor Controllers.
- Preferred background/experience in supporting Wireless controls, including RF, BT, and leading technologies
- Preferred background/experience to support the design and fabrication of Permanent Magnet and Brushless DC motors
- Preferred background/experience to support the design of Switch Mode Power Designs (DC marine battery chargers)
- Preferred background in embedded C programming for 8, 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers
- Advanced knowledge and skills in designing, evaluating, and testing electronic and/or electrical circuits and components.
- Advanced understanding of and experience in product development from concept through production, including a core understanding of development product process(s), financial modeling, and timeline management.
- Proven experience in generating, designing, and executing concepts into manufacturable designs.
- Preferred experience with Altium (list others).