As a senior software engineer you will be a part of a collaborative agile team that is focused on delivering high value features to our customers through a high-transaction e-commerce web application. You embrace a DevOps philosophy, push to deliver frequently, and understand that quality is everyone’s responsibility. You are a full-stack developer or interested in being one although we understand if you have an affinity for a particular part of the stack. Your team will be expected to take ownership of the products you work on and actively embrace improving how you achieve outcomes. You will have great opportunities to grow as the organization continues to expand, integrate, and build new products.
As a senior engineer you have demonstrable experience that helps shape your decision making when solving complex problems and you are excited to share that through mentorship resulting in multiplying the effectiveness of your team. By giving millions of items second, third and even infinite lives, we are accelerating the growth of the circular economy and creating a new global channel of sustainable commerce.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop new features and systems.
- Collaborate early and often with your teammates and other stakeholders to understand the scope of features.
- Mentor those around you.
- Help drive the creation of clear stories and acceptance criteria.
- Contribute to quality through clean coding, and pattern usage.
- Write unit and other automated tests.
- Peer program and code review your teams’ work.
- Document and communicate the things you have learned and built.
- A focus on frequent delivery of value to customers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of Software development experience.
- Significant Java experience.
- Work on web-based products.
- Designed and implemented APIs.
- Have worked in or designed event-driven architectures.
- Can articulate and implement best practices and software design patterns.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and writing queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with cloud hosted distributed systems.
- Interest in learning new technologies and languages as necessary.
Nice to have:
- Mobile development experience.
- Microservices experience.
- E-commerce experience.
- Kotlin, Go, .net core
- Postgres or MySQL