Senior Litigation Paralegal
Modern & Award-Winning Law Firm Seeks a Sr. Litigation Paralegal! (Hybird)
- New York, NY
- $75,000 - $105,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Hayley Christina
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
This firm's practice is dedicated to excellence in litigation and investigations. They have gathered legal talent of the highest caliber—the smartest minds, the most agile courtroom lawyers, and the most creative strategists. By re-thinking law firm structure, operations, and culture, they have also crafted an environment for our lawyers to serve their clients’ needs with focus and efficiency. Putting their clients first includes learning their businesses to advise proactively and to be ready if crisis strikes. It also means bringing a strongly led, tightly-coordinated combination of talent and resources to each client’s priority. Through critical thinking and collaboration, they offer an unmatched plaintiffs’ practice combined with a premier defense practice.
Why join us?
- Excellent benefits
- Career advancement
- Amazing culture
- Competitive salary
- Competent staff
- Supportive leadership
- Competitive 401(k)
We Are Seeking:
- Perform work efficiently and cost-effectively, meeting expectation of 1,500 annual billable hours.
- Manage the production of hard copy and electronic documents, including collecting documents and data from clients, processing documents from opposing and third parties, maintaining chain of custody, handling logistics of document productions, preparing privilege logs and printing.
- Maintain case files, including storing hard copy and electronic documents and overseeing document management systems.
- Assist counsel with preparing briefs and other legal documents for filing, including Blue Booking, cite-checking, compiling exhibits and appendices, formatting documents according to local rules, coordinating serving legal documents on opposing parties, and arranging for service of process.
- Assist counsel with performing substantive factual research, including analysis of documents, summaries of information, conducting interviews.
- Research court rules and procedures.
- Maintain case calendars and track deadlines.
- Prepare for depositions, conferences, and hearings, including compiling documents, assisting in preparing witness outlines, managing logistical and technical details.
- Prepare for trials, including compiling and tracking trial exhibits, preparing documents and evidence for courtroom use, setting up trial offices, managing trial vendors, interacting with courtroom staff and opposing party paralegals.
- Collaborate with the Managing Clerks Office and Litigation Support departments as needed.
- Perform administrative tasks as required and any other functions/duties as assigned.
We Are Seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree required or ABA Paralegal Certification.
- Strong litigation background
- The ability to travel as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook Suite.
- Fundamental proficiency in online research and internet resources (Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw and equivalents).
- The ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work well independently, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate within a team.
- Knowledge of Directory List & Print (Pro), E-Transcript Viewer, Lexis CaseMap, Lexis TextMap, QuickTime Player, RealLegal E-Transcript; SharePoint; -Westlaw Drafting Assistant, Best Authorities, Winsome File Reamer and WinZip.
Easy Apply Now
Managed by Jobot Pro
New York, NY
$75,000 - $105,000