A bit about us:
Our client has been family owned and operated for more than 20 years. They have been working with independent retailers to provide the best fuel and highest level of service to communities throughout California. Over the years, the company has grown by buying and selling stations, converting bays into convenience stores, adding car washes, partnering with fast food brands, and building ground up new to industry locations. This growth has provided us experience from the perspective of a buyer, seller, lease dealer, open dealer, franchisee, owner, contract operator, and wholesale distributor . . . virtually all classes of trade within the gasoline retailing industry.
Why join us?
Our management team includes former Large Oil Company Executives who know and understand "big oil" and how to grow fuel volume and increase retail business. The management team has more than 70 years of industry experience. Our goal is simple: Invest, design, improve, communicate, track, expand and monetize everything. Our client understands what it takes to be successful and are looking forward to working with dealers that want to generate more revenue. They continue to be a consistent top performer for Large Oil companies when it comes to image, customer service, and volume growth.
The Senior Training and Development Manager is responsible for end-to-end development of all training & development solutions that will serve all employees across multiple businesses/regions. Responsible for developing and maintaining the employee learning functions to engage and grow a diverse 4,000+ employee workforce. They lead a team of training professionals across multiple regions who perform multiple functions on a project, including course facilitation and instructional design. They must be able to quickly assess audience demographics and identify the appropriate learning solutions to meet the business needs, including instructor led, blended, experiential, media based, performance support, and other emerging technologies. This position collaborates and leads multiple Trainers within the learning organization, client representatives, and external learning industry partners.
- Evaluate the organization’s training needs, manage all training & development projects, and design and develop training programs for all regional areas to meet organizational goals.
- Responsible for the design, development, presentation and evaluation of employee and supervisor training programs designed for talent development and core employee training.
- Lead the design for all instructor-led training for the Company, providing oversight over the e-Learning platform, development of participant guides, exercises, and job aids with the regional training specialists.
- Develop and administer a modern and engaging employee on-boarding and new hire orientation.
- Provide oversight and guidance related to the company performance management and succession planning process and work with corporate leaders to ensure integration and support.
- Collaborate with the training specialists to facilitate targeted worker safety training programs when necessary, including consulting with managers, supervisors, employees.
- Facilitate and deliver job skills training and certification program classes when necessary to ensure employee competencies in a variety of policies, procedures and systems are being met.
- Oversee the administration of new employee training requirements and ensure class completion records are updated and certifications are completed when necessary.
- Help identify professional development needs of the organization.
- Review existing programs for modern improvements and propose adjustments or introduce new course additions.
- Provides support and administration for the new hire on-boarding and orientation, organizational learning, learning administration, leadership development, career development and succession planning, and performance management.
- Ensures deliverables align with company strategies, goals and initiatives, including diversity and inclusion.
- Develops and implements development focused training plans for individual employees, supervisors, managers and select potential high performers.
- Conduct needs assessments with key business stakeholders and leaders within the organization.
- Participate in and coordinate projects with other departments throughout the organization, providing human resource management expertise and perspective.
- Assist in the development of company staff by providing support to increase employee engagement and enhancing the effectiveness of employees’ performance in the workplace.
- Partner with the Director of HR, training specialists, and senior management to develop and drive strategic workforce plans, processes and develop the workplace culture.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Human Resources/Organizational Development, Business Communication, Education/Training, Adult Education, Communications, Business or a related field is strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in with L&D in a mid-size or large company
- Proven experience as an L&D Manager, Training Manager or similar
- Experience managing direct reports in a divisional organizational structure preferred
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen
- Experience in education/instructional design with the ability to develop instructional materials for multiple delivery methodologies.
- Previous experience in a Retail environment preferred.
- PHR, SHRM-CP, ATD, CPLP or similar, related professional certification preferred
- Experience designing and building training programs and providing oversight of talent development initiatives.