Senior Network Engineer
- Urbandale, IA
- $80,000 - $125,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Ashley Elm
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Forward thinking cellular provider is looking to add a Senior Network Engineer to their team.
Why join us?
This is an amazing opportunity to be involved in a highly competitive industry on the cutting edge of technology, while still working at a company that’s small enough that you feel like you’re making a difference to your community.
The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for engineering planning, design, equipment evaluation, project management, installation specifications, and test & acceptance for existing and advanced networks to ensure cost effective enhancements and upgrades to meet network requirements.
- Engineer and implement network enhancements in a cost-effective manner using sound professional business approaches. Perform cost/benefit trade-offs.
- Provide engineering and technical expertise and support for both internal and external customers.
- Plan, develop, design, and manage network projects.
- Evaluate network security issues when designing network and in conjunction with the Information Security Office recommend and implement changes to minimize network security concerns.
- Evaluate and recommend new, advanced technologies (both software and hardware platforms) that will be most cost-effective in meeting network service requirements.
- Plan overall equipment layouts in central offices and remote facilities.
- Projects are engineered according to acceptable industry standards.
- Evaluate demand forecasts, sales and market forecasts, mandates, and technology evolution, and be able to apply these requirements to successful network design.
- Maintain professional contact with suppliers, vendors, trade organizations and other peer groups to stay current in technology changes and trends affecting the Telecom field.
- Effectively research and present technical material verbally and in written form to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provide leadership to junior level Network Engineers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or related field and current, practical, and applicable technical experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in network planning, design and implementation can substitute above qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of routing, switching and firewall systems
- Advanced technical experience of OSPF, ISIS, BGP and MPLS
- Technical understanding of Juniper/Ciena hardware and configurations
- Familiarity of WDM Transport systems
- MEF standard based service for Layer2 and Layer3 Circuits
- QoS and Firewall Policy for scalable deployment
- Access transport and service technology (FTTH, VoIP, Pseudowire T1 and DSL)
- Segment routing and traffic engineering
- Application servers (DHCP, DNS, radius, tacacs and LDAP) to support various services