Senior Optical Engineer
A rapidly growing, 300 person, Optical Device Development company is currently looking for a Senior Optical Engineer!
- Bedford, MA
- $100,000 - $150,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Ryan Sullivan
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Join a rapidly growing, and international company with 7 locations, as a Senior Optical Engineer! The Senior Optical Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing complex Optical Systems, and Product Design and Development for manufacturing. The company offers 4 Weeks of PTO for the fist year, Generous base salaries depending on experience, a 401K match of 5%, and full Health benefits!
Why join us?
The company is an industry leader in building Optical Systems and Products for the Life Sciences, Industrial, Telecom, Aerospace, and the defense industry! With 7 Locations in the US and multiple others overseas, the company employs a broad range of Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Management, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, and Finance individuals internationally. As the Senior Optical Engineer you will be mainly responsible for the design and development highly complex Optical and Fiber Optic products and systems.
- Take responsibility for fused fiber product optical performance and development to deliver robust designs to Manufacturing
- Designing complex high precision optical systems including proficiency with computational software (such as ZEMAX or Code V) to design and optimize optical systems
- Hands-on experience with creating and executing test protocols, analyzing test results and recommending prototype design iterations to optimize system optical performance
- Knowledge of designing, manufacturing and processes used in fiber optic fused couplers preferred
- Experience in optical system design and tolerance analysis
- Experience in a manufacturing and development environment
- Engineering (Optics/Physics/Mechanical) or Science based Degree