A bit about us:
We are part of a large national general contractor that specializes in both commercial and multi-family construction. Our current need is for a talented Superintendent who brings a strong residential construction background to work on condominiums and senior living centers across Arizona.
Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Extremely Competitive Benefits Package!
- HSA and 401K Plan!
- Bonus Plan!
- Stock Options!
- Accelerated Career Growth!
Our Senior Project Engineer will prepare, organize and follow up on project procurement. Track project scope, contract documents, meeting minutes, job safety, quality assurance, and change order requests. Monitoring, controlling, and updating project schedules, owner contracts, construction contracts. Serve as a technical source of information on project plans, specifications, requests for information, and shop drawings. Assist with the bid process, monthly reporting, and project forecasting.
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness.
- Review and process all submittals and RFI's, ensuring compliance with contract documents and per project needs.
- Participates in the bid process and assists owner and Project Manager in recording and reviewing bids.
- Participates and chairs meetings, coordinates agendas, prepares minutes, and follows up on action items.
- Prepare change order requests and agreements, review pricing and status, and ensure compliance with the prime contract.
- Maintain document files and logs.
- Provide shop drawing, submittal, and material procurements updates to properly support updating the project schedule.
- Compile material procurement and assist in the monitoring and controlling of the project schedules.
- Maintain project schedule information in project software.
- Assist the Project Manager in job and project forecasts as directed by the Project Manager.
- Implement and maintain the expediting report to monitor subcontractors' material and equipment needs.
- Provide an orderly and systematic process for handling problems and information requests generated through the course of construction.
- Maintain a complete and current set of drawings reflecting all changes from the base contract documents, including change order requests, addenda, field work orders, ASI's, correspondence, and field conditions.
- Prepare monthly progress payment requests to the owner, including preparation of subcontractor/vendor pre-billing worksheet.
- Implement job start-up and close-out procedures as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare estimated, actual, and change order adjustments to the chart of accounts for the Project Manager's review before entering a computer.
- Maintain job progress photo file.
- Fully understand the scope of all subcontracts; keep the Project Manager and Project Superintendent aware of potential challenges.
- Utilizes safe work practices and follows directives, policies, and procedures for assisting and maintaining a healthy and safe work environment as outlined in the intranet Safety Manual. • Assist in the planning and monitoring the quality control program as outlined in the intranet Quality Assurance Manual, including roofing daily reports and inspections.