A bit about us:
The Senior Project Engineer will assist the Project Manager with the planning and daily execution in the construction of various types of high density residential and mixed use projects. The position will report to the Senior Project Manager. The position’s key responsibilities will include, in part, maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, managing the process of subcontractor requests for information (RFIs), subcontractor contract compliance related to the timely supply of complete submittals and the review and approval of such along with coordinating the timely delivery of materials. The Senior Project Engineer will take a leading role in the updating and distribution of various forms of project logs and monthly reports as required.
- Assists project management in proactively managing and controlling project expenses, administering owner and subcontractor billings and identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget. Supporting various project office functions and tasks related to and necessary in ensuring the completions of projects on schedule and within budget
- Establish procedures for controlling contract drawings
- Initiate set-up of the job management system
- Assists with the preparation of subcontractor scopes of work, bid package development and distribution and the identification and solicitation of subcontractors and suppliers
- Participates in the constructability reviews of various forms construction documentation.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the site utilization plan
- Assists Project Manager/Superintendent in the review and coordination of the Project Safety and Loss Prevention and Quality Control Program
- Manages pre-work subcontractor orientation meetings ensuring documentation is completed for each subcontractor including material deliveries, site specific safety and quality issues
- Manages submittal and RFI logs and the coordination and distribution of drawings with subcontractors and the Superintendent. Responsible for reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time
- Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades scheduling and verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements
- Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes
What You Need For The Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of project engineer experience and 4 years of construction related trade experience