Senior Project Manager - Engineering
Senior Project Manager - Engineering/ $$$/VERY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE + BONUS/GENEROUS RELOCATION
- Ford, KY
- $150,000 - $230,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Evan Flynn
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Our client is nonprofit electric utility specializing in generation and transmission. Their purpose is clear and vital: to generate and deliver energy in a safe, dependable, affordable, and sustainable manner. They serve over 1 million residents of Kentucky across 87 counties. Environmental stewardship is at the core of their identity, and are resolute in our commitment to empowering the lives of Kentucky's people through the provision of power.
Ideal candidates should have:
Ideal candidates should have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program is a prerequisite. Candidates from all disciplines are welcomed.
- Registered Professional Engineering license in the Commonwealth of Kentucky is preferred.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible engineering work experience is required.
- Profound grasp of business acumen, Cooperative financial structures, and business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively and resolve conflicts.
- Aptitude for leadership and providing clear work direction to others.
- Comprehensive understanding of the commercial and contractual aspects of Cooperative business.
- Skill in presenting technical information to diverse audiences.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills for reports, emails, and presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, fostering collaboration with internal and external contacts within the Cooperative.
- Proven ability to creatively apply technical skills to projects and tasks.
- Logical thinking and an ability to comprehend instructions related to specific objectives, complex features, and potential solutions.
- Skill in planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating assigned work activities.
- Proficiency in data analysis and problem-solving.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and other common business applications.
Why join us?
- Benefits offered day ONE!
- Competitive benefits: medical/dental/vision
- Healthy 401k + match
- Work-life balance
- Generous Vacation & Sick leave
Positioned within a diverse range of specialties, this role plays a pivotal part in our organization. Your responsibilities encompass a variety of key areas, requiring astute technical skills, comprehensive project management capabilities, and a deep understanding of cooperative dynamics. As a skilled engineer with proven expertise, you will drive projects to fruition, mentor junior engineers, and collaboratively engage with various stakeholders.
Project Management Skills:
- Craft and finalize reports and work plans that provide actionable recommendations, considering both short and long-term goals, budget constraints, and economic factors.
- Develop and coordinate departmental project work plans, overseeing them through completion and implementing necessary corrective measures. Notify supervisors and managers of significant project developments or shifts in direction.
- Lead the creation of work plans and closely monitor the progress of relevant segments, intervening with corrective measures as needed.
- Deliver status reports for all work assignments and maintain open communication with management about progress.
- Act as the technical representative in engagements with the public, members, vendors, contractors, and other utilities.
- Expertly manage complex assignments as part of your routine responsibilities.
- Train and mentor less experienced engineers, nurturing their professional growth.
- Provide clear work direction to fellow staff members and contractors on designated projects.
- Efficiently manage multiple assignments while also guiding and mentoring other team members.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations or decisions based on your insights.
- Uphold and approve technical records, such as drawings, files, and databases.
- Oversee or complete the preparation of estimates, covering areas like cost, work orders, and schedules.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of pertinent procedures, specifications, codes, regulations, compliance guidelines, and standards (e.g., RUS).
- Foster collaborative efforts with other team members and supervisors to accomplish assignments successfully.
- Grasp the interconnectedness of decision-making and work outputs within broader systems, operations, and processes.
- Offer engineering support to Member Cooperatives and establish corporate standards and specifications in your area of expertise.
- Leverage mature engineering knowledge and sound judgment in adhering to established engineering practices and standards.
- Demonstrate strong technical proficiency, staying abreast of industry developments to remain current in your field.
- Execute all tasks in a safe and timely manner.
- Oversee and manage capital projects, particularly those with significant costs or heightened complexity/criticality, following the E&C Project Lifecycle.
- Manage the capital budget in line with the approved project estimate.
- Determine the required equipment, materials, and personnel for safe project execution.
- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental regulations and building codes.
- Evaluate project risks and formulate mitigation strategies.
- Collaborate with the scheduling department to establish and manage the critical path project schedule.
- Establish and update the project development plan to effectively manage both the project and team assignments.
- Employ OPPM to track key project performance indicators meticulously.
- Conduct pre-bid meetings for assigned projects and contracts, attending all bid openings.
- Administer all contracts associated with projects exceeding $1M.
- Spearhead continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate non-value-added processes linked to the E&C Project Lifecycle and other support requirements.
- Allocate, delegate, and oversee resources to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- Maintain transparency with stakeholders, offering regular progress reports.
- Develop presentations for upper management, showcasing project updates to CMC, COC, SI, and the Board.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
Project Management Skills:
- Prior experience in major electric generation construction project management or equivalent major capital construction projects is desirable.
- Preferred portfolio experience managing projects totaling $100 million.
- Proven success in executing civil, mechanical, and electrical projects related to safety, cost, schedule, and quality within the scope of transmission and/or power generation.
- Adeptness in building partnerships internally and externally to execute projects.
- Sound understanding of critical path management for project scheduling.
- Proficiency with CADD, Primavera, and Microsoft products is necessary.