We need high-level individual contributor engineers looking to grow with a great company! Self-directing, able to run with engineering concepts, design, architecture, and manage execution by themselves while working as a cohesive member of the team!
We are looking to hire a strong Sr. Software Engineer to join our team responsible for building backend applications and infrastructure for our consumer product team. This is an exciting time as we overhaul this side of the business to build out new features, sites, etc. tons of fun and impact!
WHAT YOU WILL DO -
- Work closely with the consumer product team to form backend product requirements.
- Build backend infrastructure, data services, applications, and/or API’s.
- Design and build complex multi-layered data storage systems.
- Write effective APIs with structured documentation.
- Write and perform tests for validation, performance, and security.
- Troubleshoot issues with backend systems, data, and infrastructure.
- Mentor and support colleagues; share knowledge and experience within the product team.
WHAT YOU HAVE -
- 5+ years work experience as a Backend Engineer or similar role.
- Experience with high-level programming languages, ideally Ruby!
- Experience building scalable and performant systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of modern web application architectures and web frameworks, including API design and REST architectural style.
- A solid understanding of relational and/or multi-dimensional databases; Postgres experience advantageous.
- The desire to solve complex problems.
- Experience using Linux, including command-line use, configuration, and tools.
- Comfort level using source control software like Git.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical