A bit about us:
We believe the healthcare system should be accessible, transparent, and easy to navigate. As a digital-first, data-driven health plan, we are replacing legacy systems with modern infrastructure to deliver our members the care they need when they need it. If you want to build the future of healthcare, we'd love for you to join us.
Why join us?
As an early engineer, you will be critical to the development and launch of our backend infrastructure and integrations. You are an engineer with Python backend development experience and want to learn how to build amazing software at record speeds. You're a mission-driven self-starter who's passionate about building APIs, designing data models, and innovating on algorithms. As a software engineer, you will be involved in and expected to eventually own the full product lifecycle from ideation to systems design to execution. You'll also collaborate closely with customers and non-technical counterparts to better understand customers' problems.
- Work directly with the CTO in architecting and building our backend infrastructure
- Work with product owners & designers to build a scalable implementation process across multiple web products
- Support the entire application lifecycle, including concept, design, test, release, and support phases
- Build optimal backend applications that are performant at scale
- Work together with the product leadership to plan new features
- Oversee the compliance of applications with established quality standards
What We Value
- Strong engineering background in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, or Physics
- Familiarity with data structures, CI/CD, software development lifecycles, backend frameworks, and other technical tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python and Django, experience with Java is a plus
- Experience working with product managers
- Ability to collaborate with different types of individuals, both technical and non-technical
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Fully Remote
- Comprehensive health, vision & dental insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Relocation assistance (if relocation is required)
- Paid family leave for when you’ve grown your career and it’s time to grow your family