A bit about us:
A family-owned company since 1926 with expertise in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate.
Why join us?
- Hybrid Schedule
- 401k match up to 7%
- Education and Development Opportunities – 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people’s education goals
- Physical Wellbeing – comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
We are currently searching for a Senior Staff Accountant who will be responsible for the development and management of financial/operational reporting to be used by both internal and external users. Your key responsibilities will include working closely with accounting and operations personnel to standardize existing reporting and collaboratively identifying value-added reporting enhancements to improve efficiency/robustness of reporting to all users. Using Microsoft Dynamics 365, Management Reporter, SSRS, Power BI, and Microsoft Excel, the Senior Accountant will enable the organization to significantly enhance reporting capabilities. The Senior Accountant will also play an integral role in building out a financial planning & analysis function with the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting. As part of building out the FP&A function, the Senior accountant will further leverage the Company’s business intelligence and machine learning capabilities to identify opportunities for improved financial and operating performance.
- Work closely with the Accounting, Operations and I&T teams to develop financial/non-financial reporting, dashboards and business analytics for both internal and external use
- Identify and interpret financial trends and variance drivers by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans/forecasts
- Develop financial models and analyses to support growth of the business and strategic initiatives
- Improve financial performance by analyzing and interpreting P & L results, working capital data and key operating metrics
- Reconcile transactions as needed by comparing and collecting data
- Analyzes, prepares, reports, and interprets consolidated financial results (monthly, quarterly, and annual)
- Analyzes and interprets current and past trends in key performance indicators including areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Responds to inquiries from various business units as needed and prepares and assists in the preparation of required reports for management
- BS or BA in Accounting (preferable) or Finance required; CPA (or CPA candidate) desirable
- 3-5 or more years of general accounting experience; public accounting experience desirable
- 2+ years of experience with financial analysis & financial modeling, preferred
- Experience working with report-writing solutions and tools
- Advanced expertise in excel required