A bit about us:
As an IPA top 100 firm, we are seeking to expand our team by welcoming remote talent. We offer competitive pay and flexible working hours, with an average workload of 50-55 hours during the busy season. We're a multi-disciplinary firm that offers accounting, tax, and advisory services. With over 60 years of experience, we provide industry-specific expertise, comprehensive service offerings, and client-centric results.
Our firm is consistently recognized as a "Best Places to Work" for our commitment to compensation, paid time off, work-life balance, culture and more. We're excited to offer summer hours: condensed work week Monday through Thursday with an early close on Friday.
Seeking an experienced Investment Management industry focused Tax Manager to join our tax team. This principal-track position with unlimited growth potential requires a motivated, experienced tax professional with strong interpersonal and management skills. A successful candidate should possess a deep knowledge of federal and state taxation.
Your role will focus on your technical expertise and your ability to deliver excellent quality client service...
- Manage and grow a portfolio of business clients, primarily S corporations and partnerships in the investment management industry working with hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, fund-of-funds, funds that invest in digital assets, registered investment advisors, and family offices.
- Familiarity with taxation of a variety of financial products including equity investments, debt instruments, derivatives, commodities, cryptocurrency, and digital assets.
- Plan, execute, and deliver innovative federal and state tax planning, consulting and compliance expertise to clients.
- CPA certification required with 6+ years tax experience
- Expertise in S corporations and partnerships, including partnership capital account maintenance and allocations
- Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research
- Ability to attract and develop profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines
- Outstanding leadership, mentoring and interpersonal skills fostering client and staff relationships