A bit about us:
The Lead SRE / Cloud Architect is a critical role that will have a significant impact. Looking for someone who is excited about taking the ownership of improving the existing infrastructure, designing the future of our platform, and building a team to support their vision. Attention to detail and eagerness to learn new technologies and systems is critical to the success of this role.
Why join us?
- Have you built out a cloud native software product for a software vendor? (Not simply hosted an app in the cloud)
- Have you written "infrastructure as code" and used ARM templates?
- Have you built out Kubernetes in production?
- Do you have experience building out cloud site reliability, scalability, latency, monitoring, and alerting?
- Do you have a developer background?
- Define and help implement infrastructure improvements for our platform
- Support & contribute improvements to the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our platform
- Define and measure production availability, navigating known downtime, and service level outages.
- Debug problems at scale for our mission critical services, and help our development teams implement lasting fixes to recurring issues
- Execute, debug, and configure CI/CD pipelines.
- Analyze service requests and take appropriate action meeting defined SLA
- Define and implement monitoring metrics and alerts to ensure tools and environments are meeting SLA's for uptime and performance
- Deliver SRE-focused technology roadmaps in collaboration with architecture, application development, security and infrastructure partners
- Grow and lead a highly skilled team of SREs
- Experience leading an SRE team as a hands-on player coach and architect
- 3+ recent years of AWS or Azure cloud infrastructure architecture and Linux OS internals
- Coding experience in C# or Java and mastery of one or more scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ansible
- Experience with Kubernetes or AKS orchestration platform both as a programmer, and from an operations perspective.
- Knowledge of networking, Linux and Windows operating system
- Database experience (knowledge of SQL Server)
- Experience with SDLC process and agile development practices (JIRA, git, Azure DevOps)
- Experience with messaging systems and APIs
- Working knowledge of networking (e.g., firewall, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science