A bit about us:
This mid-stage start-up is changing the paradigm for mobile security by reinventing the process by which we give mobile applications permissions to access and use our data. Every day a frightening amount of data is collected, stored, and sold to 3rd parties containing information on where we are, what we're doing, who we know, and even what we say, this product gives the user the ability to control the data available and perpetually investigate what information is being sought from your phone. The goal is to empower mobile users to access their favorite apps without giving away all their personal information. The organization is well funded, and large enough to ensure long term job stability, while small enough to remain agile and give employees a true opportunity to make a big impact on the organization.
Why join us?
This is a great opportunity for someone from a commercial software product engineering background to join a new development project, tackling the challenges of scalability and security at the fundamental level then implementing a novel solution from scratch.
- Competitive salary ($120-165k base)
- significant bonus and annual raise
- 100% telecommute if desired
- rapid promotion potential
- Health Insurance coverage (including vision and dental), great plans low cost for individual and family
- paid maternity AND paternity leave
- unlimited PTO (people take 4-6 weeks usually it's not a trick just get the work done and enjoy your life outside of work)
- paid holidays (whatever you celebrate)
- 401k with employer match
The Software Engineer will be responsible for working with the development teams to design and implement technical solutions to protect user data. The right candidate should have experience implementing software applications from scratch preferably in a SaaS environment.
Nice to have:
- 4+ years experience working in SaaS based software development
Nice to have:
- GraphQL, RESTful Microservices, gRPC
- distributed, highly-parallel, or evented systems
- Kubernetes, AWS
- Elastic Search
- Android, iOS (Swift, Objective-C, Java)
- Rust, Golang, or Elixir
- Large-scale data analysis using tools such as Map Reduce
- Unit and API testing