Senior Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for leading the engineering team in the development of installation construction packages for facility power distribution systems, grounding, and lighting system in industrial facilities.
- Interface with Clients, Owners, and Vendors.
- Lead studies preparing cost estimates for electrical systems.
- Specify electrical system components for low voltage (<600V) and medium voltage (<15kV) systems.
- Collaborate with process engineers, clients, Owners, and vendors.
- Lead the engineering team and delegate appropriate efforts.
- Work with design staff to generate installation details, motor elementaries, and plan drawings identifying locations of motors, electrical loads, electrical equipment placement, and cable trays layouts.
- Lead the develop of project lists including; Motor Control Center List, Motor List, and Cable List.
- Lead the prepare of bid, construction, and demo packages for contractor use, including written scope of work.
- Provide technical direction to engineers and design staff.
- Visit customer sites to gather field data for detailed design.
- Participate in electrical equipment FAT’s.
- Provide field support during construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Develop and write the electrical portion of proposals that include scope of work, deliverables, effort hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field is required.
- Professional Engineer Registration preferred but not required.
- 15+ years of experience with electrical systems in the Pulp and Paper industry is preferred. Experience in other light and heavy industry is also acceptable.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- CAD software knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Experience using Power System Study software (such as EasyPower, SKM, or ETAP) or experience analyzing Power System Study reports and directing study’s.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with working in a team environment.
- Ability to travel within the United States to customer sites. Travel varies but may range from 10-15%.