Sr. Mechanical Engineer
No travel required outside of the office! Base + Bonus
- Houston, TX
- $90,000 - $120,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Sabrina Imoehl
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Industry leader in the design and manufacturing of automatic machines.
Why join us?
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K matching
- PTO / Holiday
- Life Insurance
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will perform design tasks, such as complex conceptual design, modeling, and detailing, and act as a project manager as required. Candidates
- Create and revise complex mechanical design concepts, layouts, and drawings.
- Perform and present gated design reviews with both internal staff, as well as with customers at specific times in the design lifecycle of components.
- Author technical documents and assembly instructions.
- Perform root-cause analysis of issues detected in development and existing products.
- Assist/work with various support groups (i.e., drafting, repair and maintenance, testing, procurement, sales, and marketing) to complete projects as required.
- Work independently or as part of a team of engineering staff to bring designs through prototyping and into production.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Maintain ASTM standards.
- Perform other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program
- 5 plus years of experience are required in designing and development of downhole tools from initial layout and solid modeling to prototype production and field tests.
- Advanced working knowledge of mechanical design & analysis software applicable to downhole tools. (AutoCAD, ANSYS, SolidWorks, etc.)
- Advanced level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel is required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to liaise professionally with team members and system users.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible working schedule to meet customer needs.
- Ability to travel in North America on an as needed basis.
- Operate basic office equipment, such as a keyboard, mouse, and copier/printer/scanning machine.
- Sit for long periods of time, up to 8-10 hours a day.
- Walk/travel to production areas while wearing appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), which at a minimum includes safety glasses but could also include steel-toe footwear and other PPE.
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly and with assistance, up to 75lbs on occasion.
Easy Apply Now
Managed by Jobot Pro
$90,000 - $120,000