The Senior Implementer – Commercial reports to the Vice President, Implementations. and is considered the subject matter expert related to commercial real estate encompassing both operational, process, and technical knowledge and will be responsible for implementing Yardi Breeze, Yardi Voyager, and Yardi’s Elevate Suite of products.
As a key member of the implementations team, the Senior Implementer – Commercial supports the companies mission, vision, values, and customer service philosophy during and beyond the implementation process. In this role, the Senior Implementer – Commercial is responsible for gathering business requirements, conducting discovery sessions, system configuration, client training, documentation, and support as well as ensuring best practices are incorporated.
Senior Implementers may be asked to (a) join prospective client calls and meetings to provide insight and feedback related to proposals, (b) assist with escalated help desk cases where more advanced system knowledge is required, (c) conduct client best practice reviews which are designed to seek ways to improve processes, workflows, policies, and procedures, and (d) lead or support implementation projects from inception to delivery.
To be successful, the person in this role must be innovative, motivated, forward thinking, and detail oriented as well as possess the ability to communicate effectively, have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, along with written and oral communication skills, with the ability to convey information in a compelling manner.
This position is remote and can reside anywhere in the continuous United States.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal team members, clients and software, and other business partners
- Understand and discuss the value of the systems being implemented
- Lead business requirements and best practices reviews by leading client discussions, asking insightful questions, and developing necessary content to ensure the company understands the client’s current state and future state needs
- Manage multiple implementation projects simultaneously according to the project plan, understand the project goals, and taking initiative to maximize the client’s return-on-investment
- Transform client business requirements into system configuration design
- Perform tasks such as importing data, designing interfaces, modifying configuration options, and scoping custom reports
- Design training curriculum, agendas, and training exercises that demonstrate system functionality and features
- Facilitate training sessions that teach client how to use the system and follow up as needed to ensure client expectations have been met
- Ongoing support to ensure clients are maximizing the use of the system
- Provide subject matter expert support both internally and externally
- Continuously seek growth opportunities to maintain advanced knowledge related to system and technologies that affect our clients
- Participate in work groups designed to address internal strategic initiatives related to identifying opportunities to create efficiencies and scalability within the organization
- Provide support to Project Manager when engaging on full implementation projects and simultaneously work with a small team of implementation specialists
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Areas of Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose problems quickly and consider a broad range of internal and external factors when making decisions
- Superior communication, both written and verbal, the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, both internally and externally with software partners and clients
- Requires a high degree of self-motivation, proven leadership, and the ability to work autonomously
- Strong analytical and organizational skills coupled with the ability to work within deadlines and prioritize work
- Familiarity with Yardi tables and some working knowledge of transact SQL is a preferred
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Work on multiple projects or initiatives as a cross-functional team member
- 5-7 years’ experience in commercial real estate operations plus experience in accounting or finance
- 7 or more years of Yardi Systems software experience is required
- Strong understanding of investment structures, partnership agreements, and distribution waterfall calculations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft 365 is required
- Experience using project management software
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in accounting, business, finance, or related area of expertise. Focus on commercial real estate is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; crouch; bend; talk; and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.