As a Staff Accountant, you will perform professional accounting work including the examination, analysis, maintenance, reconciliation, and verification of financial records; and performs related duties as required. All duties require attention to detail and accurate data entry.
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare account reconciliations.
- Remedies financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Record loan sale transactions.
- Process benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Ad Hoc analyses as needed.
- Interpret and understand financial statements.
- Ability to analyze and communicate financial statement variances.
- Remove Remedies financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Responsible for month-end close of a specific company and assist closing additional ones.
- Assisting with the annual external audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years accounting experience preferably in a mortgage banking or financial services environment
- Knowledge of accounting standards, conventions and principles is a must, as well as good mathematical and number crunching skills.
- Proficiency in understanding and use of personal computers including working knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Good communication skills both verbal as well as written.
- Team player and can collaborate with other teams in the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good-record-keeping.
- Experience with full-cycle accounting.
- Experience closing the books with tight deadlines.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt