Skilled Estimator needed for structural steel company in Clearfield, UT!
- Clearfield, UT
- $54,000 - $63,000
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Our client, a leader in the structural steel industry has an established reputation for reliability, accuracy and on time delivery. They recognized that their people drive their business. If you are looking to join a company that views its employees as its most critical resource, and prioritizes health, safety and well-being, this is the opportunity for you!
Why join us?
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Insurance
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick Pay
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- (EAP) Employee Assistance Program
- Analyze blueprints, specifications & other bid documents to determine their meaning.
- Memorize company labor codes and learn labor & assembly times.
- Take-off, quantify & provide computer entry into the company estimating program for material, cost, and shop labor estimates using the plans, specifications & other bid documents.
- Contact, coordinate & evaluate subcontractor & supplier proposals.
- Manage & update all aspects of the bid tracking sub folder in Savi each week.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors who do work with our company.
- Report to the sales manager regarding the scope of work, schedule, and special conditions found in projects being considered for bid.
- Assist in preparing job & detailing write-ups, correct copy of the proposal, and posting addenda, notes, and clarifying conditions into the bid set of plans for new projects.
- Communicate with owners, customers, engineers, architects, subcontractors & suppliers to prepare estimates and resolve issues.
- Coatings – working knowledge of the various types of coatings and their proper surface preparation & application.
- Blueprint & specifications – reading and understanding drawings, specifications, and other written documents.
- Shop functions – working knowledge of shop equipment capabilities and limitations.