A bit about us:
We are a premiere law firm with offices in the Bay Area, Orange County, and Los Angeles. For over four decades, we have been committed to provding full-service legal services to our regional, national and international clientele.
Due to continued growth, we have an immediate need for a Tax Attorney, Partner to join our Taxation, Trusts & Estates department.
Why join us?
* High employee retention rates
* Generous medical, dental and vision insurance coverage for employees + families (including domestic partners)
* Ten days paid vacation during your first year of employment (up to 20 days in subsequent years); 8.5 paid sick/personal emergency days per year
* Paid holidays plus one additional floating holiday
* 401(k) plan with discretionary annual Firm contributions
* Discretionary annual bonus, typically awarded in December based on performance and longevity
* Paid parking or payment of an equivalent transportation subsidy
* Business casual dress
* collaborative work environment where teamwork, commitment and cooperation are regularly recognized and rewarded
We are currently seeking a Tax Partner to join our Taxation, Trusts & Estates department. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects, providing tax advice to our high-net-worth clients on all aspects of estate planning, family partnerships, and business succession planning.
Is your background a match?
* JD from an accredited law school; LL.M. in Taxation is a plus!
* Active member of the California State Bar
* 7+ years of experience as a tax attorney
* Strong knowledge of tax law, including experience with individual, partnership, S-corp, C-corp tax issues
* Proven experience in estate planning and family partnerships
* Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and apply complex tax laws and regulations
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex tax issues in a clear and understandable manner
* Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
What will you be doing?
* Provide comprehensive tax advice to clients on a wide range of issues, including estate planning, family partnerships, and business succession planning
* Prepare and review complex tax returns for trusts, estates, S-corps, C-corps, and partnerships
* Research and analyze tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance and identify planning opportunities
* Assist with tax audits and tax litigation, including preparing responses to IRS inquiries
* Collaborate with other team members to provide comprehensive legal services to clients
* Keep abreast of changes in tax law and regulations, and advising clients on the potential impact of these changes on their estate and tax planning strategies