Tax Manager-Immediate Opportunity
Tax Manager - Immediate Opportunity in Melbourne
- Melbourne, FL
- $100,000 - $140,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Tony Barhoum
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
We are a premier accounting, tax, financial advisory and consulting organization. We are currently one of the largest, independently-owned CPA firms in central Florida with three offices to accommodate clients throughout the region - Melbourne and Orlando. For over 64 years we have remained a locally-owned firm. We provide the support, objectivity, and expertise businesses need to succeed within the context of an ever-changing business landscape. Our focus is to deliver relevant, timely, and cost-effective taxation services that improve operations and strengthen internal controls. We are proud of our heritage and excited to build upon our foundation and look forward to the future of creating opportunities and helping our clients succeed.
Why join us?
- Full Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Competitive salary and overall compensation package
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Contribution
- Life Insurance coverage
- Generous PTO, vacation, sick and holidays
The Not-for-profit Tax Manager is primarily responsible for performing technical tax reviews and approving of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations for the firm’s not-for-profit client. The firm also has various governmental clients that have related instrumentalities that require tax returns (partnerships and not-for-profits) and the Not-for-profit Tax Manager will be responsible for these as well. The Tax Manager manages numerous staff members, multiple engagements, and firm administrative assignments. Identifies tax issues and proposes solutions for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, preferably master’s degree in accounting or tax.
- Current and valid license as a Florida Certified Public Accountant or professional equivalent.
- Member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and Florida Institute of CPAs (FICPA).
- Experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in tax return complexity, scope, and research, including experience supervising and directing the work of tax preparers.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- Proficiency with computer tax preparation, research, and planning software programs.
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education annually.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of varying complexity.
- Assumes full responsibility for Not-for-profit and government related instrumentality’s tax returns and delegates assignments to the various tax preparers.
- Manages and delegates tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient final product.
- Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts.
- Serves as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and Auditing & Accounting staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Responsible for client services for clients the tax manager works directly with or with clients where the responsibility is delegated from a partner.
- Manages and delegates governmental tax examinations. May represent clients before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Manages and develops staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, training, and career coaching. Serves as an instructor in professional development programs.