A bit about us:
We are a full service accounting firm located in the central valley of CA. We offer tremendous growth opportunities, a strong culture, a generous benefits package and a remote schedule. We work with companies in the farming, retail, and construction industries in addition to having a large client base with high net worth. All opportunities with the firm are bonus eligible. Come and see what we are all about!
Why join us?
- Remote schedule
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- Bonus eligible
- Client facing
- Partner track opportunities available
- Diverse client base which includes farming, real estate development, retail, and high net worth individuals
- Tax and client consulting focused
- 50 hour work week during busy season
- Open to 100% remote for individuals in the Pacific or Mountain time zones
- Possess a thorough understanding of technical issues, which will include industry and practice-specialty standards, and the laws and regulations
- Share in the responsibility for keeping all Firm members informed on changes in standards, regulatory requirements, tax rules, and specialized
- Build on project experience and target self-improvement activities to begin to develop broad-based business knowledge.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of computers and other technology as it affects projects and be responsible for the effective application of
- Exhibit a practical understanding of technical knowledge as it relates to assigned projects.
- Develop excellent communication skills in expressing opinions, teaching, coaching and directing team members, working with clients and
effective presentation of documentation (including letters, memos and reports) which requires little or no revision.
- Plan, communicate and supervise procedures based on project objectives.
- Identify problems and propose solutions by applying strong analytical techniques.
- Identify the most effective means of meeting project objectives, including the use of technology and the right mix of procedures and personnel.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex tax accounting issues.
- Plan all aspects of tasks and projects to improve quality and efficiency and identify the correct mix of procedures and personnel.
- Take responsibility for project work products that are neat, organized, well-presented, reasonable, and complete.
- Meet with partners regarding significant findings that raise questions involving accounting principles, tax issues, or statement preparation.
- Research difficult tax and A&A questions and prepare a recap of findings, communicating with the partners the plans for implementation.
- Coordinate and review large client budgets and work programs and communicate and manage those with superiors and subordinates.
- Support the firm core values through continued development in those key areas.
- Accurately manage, perform, and complete a variety of assignments/tasks within timeframes established by clients and communicated through
- Utilize analytical skills to enable performance of review functions, clearly identify issues and/or problems as they arise and propose solutions, as
- Utilize good judgment when defining objectives and determining appropriate solutions.
- Listen carefully and clearly document exchanges of information with clients.
- Effectively communicate with all team members and clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to logically determine the accuracy of work completed and conclusions reached.
- Participate in Firm work planning meetings and consistently schedule appropriate work with staff.
- Follow the Firm’s time reporting requirements including timely entry of daily time and proper use of project codes.
- Utilize administrative resources effectively to complete work.
- Take responsibility for attaining billable hour goals.
- Ensure weekly scheduling information is updated and weekly client deliverables are communicated and manages.
- Involved in the accurate completion of all aspects of client projects by not only performing services but by directly supervising, coaching, and
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of clients' business needs by identifying and resolving most project issues and applying business
- Stay actively involved in client relationships.
- Establish close working relationships with clients to establish project expectations and assess needs.
- Schedule meetings with clients allowing sufficient time for preparation.
- Understand the Firm's broad service capabilities.
- Ensure tax returns and draft financial statements are discussed with appropriate levels of client management.
- Maintain client relationships through timely communication during the project as well as periodic communication throughout the year.
- Evaluate project performance and formalize suggestions for improvement of next year’s project.
- Provide regular and frequent communication with staff to ensure work is moving and with superiors regarding the status of assignments in
- Coordinate the communication of new client project opportunities with partners and clients.
- Actively participate in practice expansion through suggesting additional services for existing clients as well as seeking potential clients.
- Display an awareness of the importance of new business generation by expanding peer/professional networks, and becoming involved in the
- Actively develop own referral network, recognizing that every interpersonal encounter may provide a practice development opportunity.
- Assist partners in presentations to current and potential clients.
- Seek ways to increase firm visibility, by becoming involved in a professional or community organization, possibly taking a leadership role.
- Coordinate the budgeting process: monitoring, evaluating, and reporting variances promptly. Make suggestions for improving the process for
- Take responsibility for project work products that are neat, organized, and well-presented.
- Strive to complete projects timely, within budget, and with acceptable realization.
- Coordinate project staffing.
- Assume responsibility for client billings and aggressively seek additional billing opportunities for out-of-scope services.
- Maintain firm quality control.
Personal Participation & Professional Development
- Participate in civic/professional organizations, as well as Firm marketing and recruiting activities.
- Assume responsibility for own professional development including the development of any specialization interests.
- Encourage feedback from Partners.
- Assume responsibility for own productivity as well as that of other team members.
- Participate in the Firm’s mentoring program both as a mentee and mentor.
- Take responsibility for self-development activities such as reading technical information, interacting with superiors, seeking training and
- Work with mentors to develop and monitor appropriate challenging goals.
- Work to build professional relationships with clients, other firm members and personal peer groups.
Leading & Developing Others
- Have a genuine interest in investing in the growth of others as professionals as well as refining and polishing skills used in managing people.
- Effectively delegate, provide timely and relevant performance feedback, and provide assistance and encouragement as needed.
- Participate in the training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation of staff accountants, senior accountants, and supervisors. Assist in course
- Willingly accept newer staff on projects and provide them with the necessary on-the-job training and supervision.
- Be cooperative and helpful to all team members and always promote teamwork within the Firm.
- Motivate team members and coordinate efforts with other team members and peers, as well as client personnel.
Skills and Qualifications
- Education – Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in accounting (or closely related field)
- Experience – minimum five years’ experience in a CPA firm
- Computer skills – Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Certificates and licenses – valid driver’s license and a CPA license
- Other skills – effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently and be detailed oriented, and ability to handle
- Exhibit maturity and self-confidence as they sell ideas and consider the input and feelings of others.