HYBRID!!! A full service accounting firm is in need of a Tax Manager!! Family-like office // Base + Bonus
- Athens, GA
- $100,000 - $120,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Kyle Beard
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
Our client was founded in 1994 and has grown to a staff of over 25 professionals. Their mission is to deliver their local expertise across a broad range of business services while fostering a personal relationship with their clients. Talented professionals are at the core of their success; they provide a supportive, inclusive culture with the professional development and technology you need to empower your career growth and the benefits and flexibility you want.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision with Life and Disability options as well as HSA and FSA plans.
- Matching 401k with Profit Sharing and Bonus Plan.
- Paid Professional Development and CPA support program.
- Corporate Wellness Incentives.
- Flextime, Hybrid Remote options, and Summer Hours.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- Commitment and support of our local community with paid volunteer time and community service projects.
- Other perks include office meals and snacks during busy season, company outings, and dress for your day policy.
Tax Managers are responsible for managing client projects as well as coaching and advising Senior Accountants in meeting client and self-development expectations. Tax Managers are technically proficient, possess a thorough knowledge of the firm’s policies and procedures, and serve as intermediaries between Shareholders, clients, and staff. Managers have signing responsibility and must have complex problem-solving skills. Our ideal team member must be committed to continuous professional development and long-term relationship building.
- Focuses on engagement and client management to ensure timely and high-quality service.
- Reviews and manages complex individual, corporations, partnership, and fiduciary tax returns.
- Reviews and manages other staff deliverables including extensions, tax planning calculations, and various attestation and consulting engagements.
- Develops consulting products including modeling, valuations, performance measures, profit enhancement, business transition planning, and research and development credits.
- Builds long-term relationships with clients by demonstrating a thorough understanding of their culture and business and an ability to achieve improvement goals.
- Provides guidance and career development support for staff and senior staff.
- Develops effective client relationships, establishes client expectations, and monitors time budgets and deadlines.
- Meets utilization and chargeable hour goals, leverages firm resources to achieve maximum profitability, manages multiple responsibilities and resources to meet assignment objectives.
- Current and valid CPA license.
- Minimum of five years’ public accounting tax experience.
- Ability to gather, synthesize and analyze data, provide accurate reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong technology skills and ability to use relevant software including UltraTax/Fixed Assets/Planner CS, CaseWare, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and other software utilized by the company.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the engagement team.
- Effective balance of work, family, community, and personal commitments.