A bit about us:
Rewarding Fully Remote opportunities with a reputable, progressive and well established SALT Tax Firm. We are are a unique firm with a specialty and expertise in the State And Local Tax field servicing clients nationwide with a team of professionals committed to establishing great partnerships externally and internally.
Why join us?
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Stable, long term, stability
- Join a well established team who is invested in your growth, development and continued success
- Rewarding work and responsibilities
- Bonus Eligible opportunity
- CMI Reimbursements if needed
- Excellent culture and peers
- Flexible and Fully Remote Work Environment
- Coordinate with the core tax service delivery groups, with SALT team support, on presenting and implementing consulting opportunities including state tax return reviews, audit defense/controversy, nexus studies, apportionment reviews, restructurings, & merger/acquisition situations.
- Emphasis on daily SALT tax technical reading to help derive planning ideas to be marketed to clients & prospects
- Maintain and address issues on clients where time is spent acting in a compliance review/consulting
- Primary reviewer role on SALT consulting engagements
- Regular interaction with clients on SALT compliance & consulting engagements as well as proposals as needed
- Help to mentor staff on SALT projects and planning opportunities.
- 4 to 7 years of public accounting experience (at least 3 years in SALT consulting and/or compliance)
- CMI, CPA or JD is a big plus
- Working proficiency in federal & state tax compliance
- Minimum of 3 years of state tax technical research skills (i.e. BNA Bloomberg, RIA Checkpoint, CCH) – CCH Intelliconnect preferred
- At least 3 years of state tax compliance and consulting experience working C corporation, S corporation, and pass through entity clients
- Prior involvement and working knowledge of state & local tax planning initiatives such as nexus studies, restructurings, apportionment reviews, and M&A.
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal and written) skills
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work well with others internally and externally