A bit about us:
As a leading manufacturer of industrial rollers, we offer rubber, urethane, ceramic, hard coat, bowed, heat transfer, and other specialty rollers or coatings used in the metals, converting, pulp & paper, textile, steel, graphic arts, business machines, and other important industrial markets.
Why join us?
- 401(k) matching
- Bonus pay
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Manages value stream/production lines to ensure safety, quality, delivery, cost, improvements and budget targets are met. Effectively uses Lean methods to create robust processes and systems that allow seamless flow of products through the Value Stream. Provides leadership to drive continuous improvement and daily execution to maximize growth and profitability of the value streams in order to meet customer demand and financial goals of the plant.
Skills and Experience:
- Ensure that customer requirements for product quality, delivery and cost are met or exceeded through effective planning, scheduling, manufacturing, and shipping processes. Manages daily improvement of safety, quality, delivery and cost metrics by driving problem-solving for Root Cause Corrective Action. Builds / develops high performing teams and systems, enabling efficient execution of objectives and goals.
- Lead the creation of the current-state and future-state value stream maps and the implementation of the plan to get from present to future by collaborating with all team members within the value stream. Monitors all aspects of implementation.
- Report lean implementation progress at a regular cadence to leadership.
- Manage value stream financial goals and cost reductions initiatives in support of all Product Group and facility objectives.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Accounting, Sales, Customer Service, Facility Maintenance and other sites to implement new technologies into the value stream.
- Maximizes utilization of all value stream assets in alignment with Product Group and Corporate strategy. Ensure total preventive maintenance culture is implemented and sustained across the value stream. Ensures that facilities and equipment are properly maintained to maximize output, and to provide safe working conditions.
- Ensures that values, management policies, procedures, and practices are strongly supported and implemented consistently throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Utilizes Continuous Improvement and Lean methodologies in every activity of production. Directs training and leadership of continuous improvement events, Departmental Display Visual Board Meetings, use of Departmental Kaizen Visual Boards, and Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control methodology.
- Provides leadership to ensure effective communications, coordination and collaboration within the production area, including areas not directly under the Value Stream Manager’s direct management.
- Establishes goals and performance expectations for manufacturing team members. Sets objectives and defines results required to support strategic facility and organizational goals.
- Provides formal performance reviews and talent development plans, fostering team development and cross-training to maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identifies resources necessary including employees, tooling and equipment to meet production demand.
- Manages Capacity Plan to support manufacturing and product strategy.
- Works with other leaders to share best practice and lessons learned to effectively improve site operations.
- B.S. degree preferred (or equivalent experience).
Skills and Experience:
- 3 -5 years operations experience required, including a thorough understanding and practical application of broad strategic concepts, particularly in the fields of production, planning, quality, purchasing, engineering, lean/continuous improvement and problem solving.
- Proven ability to effectively lead teams and align resources to meet business objectives; Ideal candidate will have 3 years of previous people management experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge in Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing practices and principles.
- Ability to effectively lead change and convey a forward-looking perspective in motivating, inspiring and managing people.
- Ability to create and/or foster a leadership environment that is conducive to teamwork and personal development of the team’s members.
- Strong analytical Skills with an emphasis on scientific method of problem solving, coupled with the ability to develop and execute appropriate action plans.
- Demonstrated project management, time management and resource planning skills and experience required.