A bit about us:
We offer a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all full-time employees.
- Competitive dental and vision plans available.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance.
- 401K match.
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Individualized training and mentor programs.
- Professional development including certification and testing.
- Professional membership support.
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others.
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events.
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
Why join us?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water/wastewater/ stormwater treatment and conveyance (pipelines and pumping facilities).
- Support project management efforts, such as managing project scopes, budgets, and client deliverables.
- Exercises judgment on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, construction inspection, sampling, water quality analyses, asset inventory, flow monitoring set-up and monitoring, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization.
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and other audio-visual materials, and participate in client meetings.
- Facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
- Develops MS4 Annual Reports and Stormwater Management Plans.
- Facilitates Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Design Principles.
- Works with GIS Department and Stormwater Inventories to perform analysis and satisfy permitting requirements.
- Prepares and Interprets NPDES and MS4 Permits.
- Interpretation of water quality testing data.
- Monitors, records, and implements municipal best management practices related to MS4 permitting.
- Supervises and inspects minor construction and maintenance work on roadways, storm drains, sidewalks, or other public works projects.
- Prepares designs for simple public works projects.
- Inspects construction materials to see that they conform to specifications.
- Respond to citizen’s questions and complaints concerning stormwater and erosion requests.
- May be required to assist public works functions in a variety of technical and leadership capacities.
- Required to assist municipalities with plan review of private and public projects.
- Knowledge and expertise in the design of Stormwater engineering projects.
- Principles and practices of engineering field and office procedures.
- Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in engineering construction.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Learn and interpret NPDES and MS4 Permits.
- Learn and interpret City ordinances and department policies pertaining to Public Works.
- Communicates effectively with Public and City Officials.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Engineering, or closely related field.
- Ten to twenty (10-20) years of work experience, pre-or-post degree, which involved construction, surveying, design, traffic engineering, inspection, permitting or estimating.
- PE License is required.
- General Knowledge of Public Works and Transportation Engineering is a plus.
- Construction Management experience is a plus.
- Experience with Green Infrastructure Design, Construction and Maintenance is a plus.
- Design, Modeling, and GIS Software Experience is a plus.