At Jobot your privacy is important to us.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as our search functions. You may be required to provide "personal information" to access or use certain parts of our Website or features of the Site. If you do not provide the requested personal information, you may not be able to access or use the features of the Site where such information is requested. We may ask you for personal information, which includes information that pertains to your identity, that we or certain of our third-party partners consider necessary for performing an evaluation of your qualifications for their employment opportunity or products or services offers. In addition, we may collect certain information regarding the number and type of products and/or services you have responded to and completed. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide. When you register for an account with Jobot.com, we ask you for personal information such as your name, e-mail address, and account password. Enrollment in the services we provide, such as emails about new job opportunities, can be included as part of the registration process. These services are completely optional, and you may opt-out at any time. Additionally, we may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Log Information. When you access Jobot services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as: your web or search requests, Internet Protocol address ("IP Address"), browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request(s), and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User Communications. When you send e-mail or other communications to Jobot, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Behavioral Advertising. Jobot and our affiliated companies use information collected on your web browsing behavior (such as pages visited or search terms entered) to determine which advertisement should be displayed. This information is collected anonymously and does not include any information that could be linked to identify you as a specific person, nor does it include any of your personal information.
- Web Beacons. We may use standard internet technology, called Web Beacons (also called clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) that are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track online movements. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer, a web beacon is embedded invisibly on a webpage (or email). Web beacons help us better manage content through the service by informing us what content and which campaigns are effective. This allows us and our third party partners to gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by showing how many emails the recipients have opened or by sending/receiving an anonymous identification number when you travel to a site from an online advertisement. We do not tie clear gifs to personally identifiable information.
- Providing our services, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Protecting the rights or property of Jobot or our users; and
- Developing new services.
Jobot processes personal information on our services in the United States of America and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
Choices for Personal Information
When you register with Jobot, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask you for your consent prior to such use.
You can decline to submit personal information to Jobot, in which case we may not be able to provide all available services to you.
Jobot only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Jobot in the following limited circumstances:
- We may use information that we have collected for any legally permissible purpose, including selling or transferring such information at any time to third parties for any legally permissible purpose. For example, we may share your personal information with third party partners so that they can contact you and offer you products and/or services that we and they believe might be of interest to you. This may include, but is not limited to, email advertising and direct mail marketing. You are under no obligation to accept any service or product offered by any of our third party partners through these communications.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy an applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Jobot, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may also disclose your personally identifiable information when required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or to prevent imminent harm to any person or entity. We will fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal purposes.
- We may disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose of the transfer or sale of personally identifiable information pursuant to the sale of our business or assets. If we transfer ownership of the Site to another company, we will notify you by general notice on our Site. We may also transfer or share non-individualized information, such as summary or aggregated anonymous information about all persons or sub-groups of persons visiting this Site. In addition, we may maintain separate email, mailing or phone lists for different purposes based on the information that you submitted and that we maintain.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and process practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems we use to store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Jobot employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
When you use Jobot services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected, or removed before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform the service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
18575 Jamboree Road Ste 600
Irvine, CA 92612
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is Jobot’s policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Jobot and an individual.
18575 Jamboree Road Ste 600
Irvine, CA 92612