Assistant Project Manager
APM needed for top developer on $75-250M high-rise, wraps, podiums, and garden style
- Bethesda, MD
- $100,000 - $130,000
- Managed by Jobot Pro: Alex Hall
Easy Apply Now
A bit about us:
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working to ensure high density residential and mixed-use projects are completed safely, on time, within budget and in compliance with approved project documents, jurisdictional and applicable code requirements. The position reports to Project Managers. The Assistant Project Manager helps manage all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, cost control, general supervision and labor relations under the direction of the Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager provides necessary support the project staff.
Why join us?
- Competitive base salary: $100,000 - $130,000
- Annual Bonus
- Full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401 (K) with company match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Vacation, sick, and paid holidays
- Assist in the planning, execution, and closure of construction projects.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders, internal resources, and third-party contractors to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
- Participate in project design meetings and propose improvements if necessary.
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions.
- Plan and manage team goals, project schedules, and new information.
- Supervise current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track.
- Manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed, and stored.
- Direct project correspondences by preparing and reviewing project proposals, memos, meeting minutes, and emails.
- Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Monitor and track project’s progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and upper management to make decisions and negotiate project constraints such as cost, schedule, resources, scope, and risk.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience as a project manager in the construction industry, preferably in multifamily, apartments, mixed-use, or residential projects.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Proficient in project management software.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and understand project schedules, budgets, and contract agreements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Project).
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations.
- PMP certification is a plus.