A bit about us:
A position as a high-level independent corporate executive with overall responsibility for Internal Audit. Hybrid Role within one of Los Angeles' largest non profit organizations!
Why join us?
- Competitive Pay
- Work for a organization who believes in your professional and personal development, growth and success
- Full-Time, Direct Hire Position
- Generous Benefits
- Hybrid In Office Schedule
- Interface with executives and be a part of the leadership vision and execution
- Supervise and perform multiple audit activities and projects, ranging from moderate to high complexity, to support the successful achievement of the department’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee and participate in the planning, execution, and reporting of audits, including the scope, quality, and timeliness of work performed.
- Supervise, review, and manage the work of others, including co-sourced resources, by following and enforcing audit policy, standards, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients and business management, including serving as the key point person during audits.
- Participate in the annual risk assessment and audit plan development process, and continuous monitoring activities.
- Maintain audit independence and objectivity in all assignments and adhere with all organizational and professional ethics standards.
- Manage all phases of the audit project cycle for complex financial, operational, compliance and information technology governance engagements across organization
- Draft formal audit reports and present engagement results to Executives.
- Perform the annual SOX risk assessment and scoping to identify significant accounts and disclosures, significant business processes and related IT application and general controls, and key business units and locations.
- Implement consistent design in testing approach to increase reliance by external auditors on work performed by Internal Audit.
- Review all testing documentation to ensure quality and consistency of work performed by internal and co-sourced resources.
- Lead project teams during onsite fieldwork for local market audits covering financial, operational and regulatory compliance risks
- Communicate audit results to Executives, and develop recommendations for corrective actions to address audit findings and opportunities for improvement.
- Assessed the design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls for SOX 404 compliance testing. Tested all business processes, IT general controls and ELC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Business/Information Services or related field and a minimum of 10+ years public accounting and/or internal audit experience combined, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Professional certification is required (e.g. CPA/CISA/CIA).
- Post-graduate coursework or multiple certifications is desirable
- Advanced risk, controls, accounting and information technology operations knowledge.